Sage Software today announced the availability of Sage 50 2021 for all customers covered by an active Sage BusinessCare Plan. You can check for availability in your current Sage 50 system by selecting “Services | Check for Updates | Check Now” from the top menu in Sage 50. If you are not on an active Sage BusinessCare plan this edition is now available for purchase.
Here is a brief description of the most noticeable features of this new release:
- Integration with Gmail has been strengthened to meet Google’s enhanced security standards
- Memorized Purchase transactions have been added to the list of transactions types that can be “memorized” for recurring usage.
- You can now designate a “Ship To” name for all customer-related transactions (sales orders, invoices, etc.), streamlining the selection of a shipping address when entering a customer transaction.
- Via a new mouse “hovering” capability, you can now move the mouse over the item or job ID field to see the details for the corresponding record in a popup window, rather than having to open the related record.
Sage has also announced that the Sage 50 2020 Edition will no longer be supported by Sage as of March 2, 2021.
Sage 50 users who need access to any of the following Sage 50 “add-on” features will need to upgrade their systems prior to March 2, 2021 to continue use of these features:
- Payroll Tax Table Updates
- Tax Form updates
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Card Processing
- Sync with Managed Payroll
As always, we recommend that you defer installing this new release of Sage 50 for 4-6 weeks minimum, to allow time for “early adopters” to discover what – if any – bugs and glitches might reside in this new release.
If you have any questions about this release, or about Sage 50 in general, or would like assistance installing this edition and/or converting your present database, please reach out to us either by phone at 877-357-0555 or by email at email@example.com. All of us are fully functional as “at home” workers during the current pandemic, and are able to remotely access client computers as needed.