When setting up Clients, Matters, or even Associated Contacts in TimeSolv, it’s important to capture as much relevant information as possible. To that end, TimeSolv, the premier cloud-based time tracking and billing solution, allows users to create custom fields to store that information.
To activate this feature, go to the Clients menu and click on Settings –
Now highlight the Custom Fields tab –
At this point, you will see three tabs: Client, Matter and Contact. We’d like to set up a Client-Level custom field, so highlight the Clients tab and click on the link New Custom Field
- Enter the name or label for the custom field
- Select the type of field it will be. In this case, we’ll want to create a Drop Down List
- Enter the values for this list using the Add option
- Optionally, select a Default Value for this field
- In the Description field, enter a brief description that will show up as a tool tip
- Put a checkmark in the Required field so that a record cannot be saved unless a choice is made for this field
- Since we’re going to use this field, keep the Active box checked.
- Click on the Save button to save your settings and add this field to Client records
This process can be repeated when creating custom fields for individual Matters and for Related Contacts.
With custom fields, you are limited only by your imagination. Want to know more about TimeSolv? Our certified consultants would be glad to help. Be sure to contact us at 877-357-0555 and ask for Dana Riel, Jack Schaller or Steve Schaller, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help you get the most out of your investment in your programs.