We all know those old adages –
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.”
- “See your dentist twice a year.”
- “Change the oil in your car every 3,000 miles.
There’s truth in these sayings: they and others like them keep us healthy and our lives running smoothly.
But what about your applications and software programs?
At Eastern Legal Systems, we don’t hear holiday bells but rather our phones ringing with questions from clients looking to the end of the year.
How is your organization positioned to wrap up your year?
- What reports are you required to produce? For your organization? For your clients?
- Do you know the steps involved for year-end in your billing and/or accounting programs?
- Have you planned billing rates or other pricing for 2016? Do you know how to determine rates in order to ensure a profitable operation? Do you know how to set up next year’s rates/fees in your program so they are ready on January 1?
- Have you met with your accountant or financial advisor to plan your organization’s tax strategy? Can you make any last-minute purchases to maximize your position?
- How well is your network and hardware functioning? Do your year-end plans include upgrades? Do they involve equipment – or a move to the “cloud”?
- How would new equipment – and possibly new operating systems — impact your existing programs and applications?
- Is it time to upgrade your software? Or add licenses or other add-on features? Many software companies face their own end of the year, and offer sales and discounts to boost their revenues. Do you know about these hidden gems? (Hint: dealing directly with the software manufacturer does NOT always mean you’ll get the best price or even a discount… )
Our consultants at Eastern Legal Systems support a variety of software products and can work with you to get the best pricing on upgrades and new software purchases. We can also work with you in the areas of implementation, customization and training so you can get the most out of the programs you own. Call us at 1-877-ELS-0555 for more information. And in the meantime we wish you and yours a very Happy Holiday season and a Bright and Prosperous New Year!